Benefits of our Course:
- You are not bound to the constraints of attending specific hours of attendance.
- Advance through the course at your pace dedicating time to the topics you need the most time with.
- We have the state’s best tutoring instructors available to help according to your schedule.
- Take up to 6 months to complete
Your Course Tuition of $340 Includes:
- North Carolina 75-hour Broker Prelicensing Course
- National Real Estate Exam Prep Online Video Course
- National Real Estate Drill and Practice QBank
- Complete North Carolina Real Estate Drill and Practice QBank
- Custom Study Material
- End of Course Examination
You may choose either a print or online textbook for $79
- Modern Real Estate Practice in North Carolina (hard copy)
- Modern Real Estate Practice in North Carolina eBook
We also have optional instructional aids:
- National Interactive Study Group
- Real Estate Study Package (Reference, MP3 and Flashcard Package)
- Real Estate Math Video Library
- Home Coach Tutors
There are several steps necessary to receive a NC Real Estate License. After completing our 75-hour Broker Pre-Licensing course, you must then pass the North Carolina Real Estate Examination.
- Be at least 18 years age
- Be a United States citizen, a non-citizen national or a qualified alien under federal law, or have a lawful presence in the U.S. and be authorized to work in the U.S. in the real estate brokerage field
- Have a Social Security Number
- Complete a Background Check
There are currently two available methods to take the state exam, virtually or in person.
To register for either type of exam students will go to www.psiexams.com/ncre if you require assistance in registration you may call 855.579.4638
When considering the “virtual” test option please consider you will be required to complete a government issued ID verification and room scan. Once you begin the exam you will not be able to:
- Leave the room at any point during the exam. This includes food, water or bathroom breaks.
- You must have access to reliable internet and power. If disconnected you may not be allowed back to continue the exam.
For more information please reference the Real Estate Licensing in NC Booklet in our Student Resources tab.
ONLINE STUDENTS: What to do once we have verified that you have completed all required coursework and are ready to take your first attempt at the final exam for the course:
Kaplan proctoring services will provide virtual proctoring over the internet for you to take your final exam according to North Carolina state requirements.Please follow your course completion instructions (example below):
Please be aware that you must have access to the internet, a webcam, and a microphone prior to scheduling your exam (mobile devices cannot be used). It is also recommended that you use Google Chrome for the best experience in the virtual proctoring classroom.
Once you have verified that your system is capable of running the virtual proctoring environment you can go here to schedule your exam or call Kaplan Customer Support for help 888.213.5124.
Please have the information available for Kaplan Customer Support at the time of your call:
IMPORTANT: You must use this PROMO CODE with Kaplan when scheduling your first exam attempt. You will not be able to schedule your exam without it.
Contact Dearborn Customer Support at 800-972-2220.
*IMPORTANT* in order for a student to receive FREE class exams a student will need to enter a promo code of COACHONE for the 1st exam. If a student fails the first exam there is the opportunity for one retake exam and the promo code for that is COACHTWO.
Ensure you complete your coursework with a minimum of two (2) weeks remaining before the class expires in order to schedule the end-of-course proctored exam. You may experience longer wait periods during holidays.
The NCREC exam is very challenging and to help ensure students are better prepared we have set our required minimum classroom passing score at 80%.